Are you interested in volunteering for Celebration Lifelong? If so, below are descriptions of our two main volunteer areas.
Welcome Desk Support for Classes and Lectures
- Set up/breakdown of welcome desk
- Set up/breakdown and refreshing of our coffee bar
- Greet class members
- Provide name tags to our members and instructors
- Instructor and Lecturer support
- Main point of contact for assistance during session times
Technical Support for Classes, Lectures, and Clubs
(Note that training and detailed written instructions are provided for all functions, however, a basic understanding of computers is required)
- Set up/breakdown of audio/visual equipment including:
- Microphones and Catchbox microphone
- Wireless Router
- Airtame device
- Setting up and logging instructor into private wireless Internet
- Setting up Lifelong laptop if the instructor is using it
- Connect instructor’s device (laptop, tablet or phone using Windows, Android, iOS, iPad or iPhone) to TV with HDMI connector and adapter if required; or using Airtame
- Helping instructor with displaying their presentation correctly if in Keynote (Apple) or PowerPoint (PC)
- Test sound levels for presentation and microphones
All classes take place at Town Hall in Celebration and are held on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday during a 12 week time frame in the spring and fall, with clubs held at the beginning of each month.
Our class times are below and our volunteer time frames are similar:
10:45 a.m. – 12 noon
12:15 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
1:45 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Please email Volunteers@CelebrationFoundation.org to express interest or ask any questions.