Celebration Lifelong Volunteer Opportunities
Welcome Desk Support for Classes and Lectures
- Set up/breakdown of welcome desk
- Set up/breakdown and refreshing of our coffee bar
- Greet class members
- Provide nametags to our members and instructors
- Instructor and Lecturer support
- Main point of contact for assistance during session times
Technical Support for Classes and Lectures
(Note that training and detailed written instructions are provided for all functions however a basic understanding of computers is required)
- Set up/breakdown of audio visual equipment including:
- Microphones and Catchbox microphone
- Wireless Router
- Airtame device
- Setting up and logging instructor into private wireless internet
- Setting up Lifelong laptop if the instructor is using it
- Connect instructor’s device ( laptop, tablet or phone using Windows, Android, iOS, iPad or iPhone) to TV with HDMI connector and adapter if required; or using Airtame
- Helping instructor with displaying their presentation correctly if in Keynote (Apple) or PowerPoint (PC)
- Test sound levels for presentation and microphones
Virtual/Zoom Classroom Assistant
- Make contact with instructor to introduce yourself prior to course date
- Open Zoom account 15 minutes prior to class start time
- Open class by introducing Instructor and yourself
- Assist instructor as needed with slides, audio, chat questions
- Close class by thanking instructor and any closing comments
- NOTE: If possible, for continuity, please try to volunteer for the three consecutive weekly sessions of the course
Our classes take place at the 851 Building in Celebration and are held on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday during a 12-week timeframe in the Spring and Fall, with Clubs held once per month
Our class times are below and our volunteer timeframes are similar and training will be provided:
10:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
12:00 noon – 1:15 p.m.
1:30 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.
For more information and to express interest, please email email@example.com.