Celebration Lifelong Volunteer Opportunities
Welcome Desk Support for Classes and Lectures
- Set up/breakdown of welcome desk
- Set up/breakdown and refreshing of our coffee bar
- Greet class members
- Provide nametags to our members and instructors
- Instructor and Lecturer support
- Main point of contact for assistance during session times
Technical Support for Classes and Lectures
(Note that training and detailed written instructions are provided for all functions however a basic understanding of computers is required)
- Set up/breakdown of audio visual equipment including:
- Microphones and Catchbox microphone
- Wireless Router
- Airtame device
- Setting up and logging instructor into private wireless internet
- Setting up Lifelong laptop if the instructor is using it
- Connect instructor’s device ( laptop, tablet or phone using Windows, Android, iOS, iPad or iPhone) to TV with HDMI connector and adapter if required; or using Airtame
- Helping instructor with displaying their presentation correctly if in Keynote (Apple) or PowerPoint (PC)
- Test sound levels for presentation and microphones
Virtual/Zoom Classroom Assistant
- Make contact with instructor to introduce yourself prior to course date
- Open Zoom account 15 minutes prior to class start time
- Open class by introducing Instructor and yourself
- Assist instructor as needed with slides, audio, chat questions
- Close class by thanking instructor and any closing comments
- NOTE: If possible, for continuity, please try to volunteer for the three consecutive weekly sessions of the course
Classes are held on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday during a 12-week timeframe in the Spring and Fall, with Clubs held once per month
Our class times are below and our volunteer timeframes are similar and training will be provided:
10:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
12:00 noon – 1:15 p.m.
1:30 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.
For more information and to express interest, please email email@example.com.