New Urbanism is a planning and design movement based on the principles of how cities and towns had been built for the last several centuries. It involves the building of complete communities to create diverse, walkable, compact, and vibrant places to live, learn, work, and play. Communities are designed to help people make friends and enjoy a unique sense of place. Celebration is a traditional American town built anew. In the words of its master architect and planner Robert A. M. Stern, Celebration was “to recapture the idea of the traditional town, traditional in spirit, but modern in terms of what we know about how people live.”
Preserve, protect, and advance the New Urbanism principles upon which Celebration was founded.
- To promote New Urbanism, we:
- Lead classes at Celebration Lifelong
- Host outside speakers, original founders, and experts in the field
- Put on walking tours of Celebration during the month of November, which is Celebration’s Founder’s Month
- Preserve and protect Celebration history and its icon buildings
Check out our Tickets & Events page to see future events we are hosting.