Thriving In Place, a community village launched in 2015, is based on three key components: volunteer-driven services, socialization opportunities, and vetted providers to help Celebration residents who are 55+, or living with a disability at any age, remain in their own homes leading independent, safe, productive, and enriched lives.
To empower those who are aging or managing a disability to live in their own homes leading healthy, safe, independent, and productive lives.
Educational and Cultural Activities
- Lunch and Learns feature experts on topics such as managing your health, aging in community, home modification, financial planning, and more
Volunteer Helping Hands
- Basic handyperson/home chore services
- Errand assistance
- Companion visits
- Transportation to destinations within Celebration, Monday through Friday during normal office hours (9 a.m.-5 p.m.)
(10 round trip transportation requests per month)
Social Events and Recreational Activities
- Monthly Birthday BASH!
- Monthly out of town excursions
- Weekly lunches
- Weekly chair yoga and tai chi classes
- Special social activities (See Events Calendar)
Individual Membership entitles you to all programs, social activities, and volunteer services offered by Thriving In Place.
The annual fee is $365, equivalent to $1 per day.
Household Membership entitles two people in a household to all programs, social activities, and volunteer services offered by Thriving In Place.
The annual fee is $520, equivalent to $10 per week.
Snowbird Membership entitles you to all programs, social activities, and volunteer services offered by Thriving In Place.
Snowbird members pay $40 per month (individual) or $55 per month (household) only for the months they reside in town. Celebration snowbirds must live in town for a minimum of 4 months to qualify.
Join Thriving In Place
If you’re interested in joining Thriving In Place, click the button below and fill out the form indicating your interest. We look forward to hearing from you.